SPANISH RICE AND MINCE BEEF
This recipe came about because it was Saturday evening and i was literally stomped as to what to cook. ‘should I get takeaway ? go out for dinner??? I was so confused, I probably opened the Fridge and freezer 20 times trying to find inspiration of what to eat,and all I saw starring at me was a packet of mince and i knew i didn’t want pasta…so i Googled recipes with mince,and this Spanish Rice Recipe came up and Voila!!!!! lol lol
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- In a Deep pan sautee the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the mince ,the rice and the Tomato puree /juice bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Recipe found: Taste of home